Silky Chocolate and Almond Slab
Chocolate is a very personal experience. Some of us like creamy milk chocolate, some maybe a little nuttier and some like it as dark as possible. What ever your preference is you can’t go past a delicious, silky, melt in your mouth and homemade chocolate that sends you off to another world. Well here is a recipe you just cannot go past. You can dress it up with your own favourite nuts or fruit or you can get as creative as you like, the sky is the limit. Either way, you will not be disappointed with this tasty treat that Andree has created for us today.
Serves 6-8 Prep time 20 minutes Cooling time 1-2 hours
Gluten free, dairy free, ketogenic, vegan friendly, melt in your mouth delicious
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic coconut butter
- 2 tbsp organic cacao powder
- 2 tbsp organic black tahini
- 1/4 cup organic chia seeds or hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp organic ceylon cinnamon powder
- splash of vanilla extract
- Dry roast the slivered almonds in a small frying pan and set aside to cool.
- Grind in your power blender or coffee grinder the chia seeds or hemp seeds into a finer consistency.
- Melt in a small saucepan the coconut oil, coconut butter on low heat and then add the cacao powder, black tahini, chia seeds, maple syrup, sea salt (optional), cinnamon and vanilla extract and stir well.
- Prepare a flat baking tray with some baking paper overlapping the side for easy removal from tray.
- Add half of the slivered almonds to the chocolate and pour into the baking tray.
- Sprinkle the rest of the slivered almonds on top of the chocolate and place in the fridge to cool and set. This may take 1-2 hours.
- Remove chocolate from the tray and chop up into smaller pieces with a sharp knife. Store in the fridge.
Share with your beloved friends and family but don’t forget to save some for yourself.
This recipe was brought to you by Andree Kline.