Sitting in my garden enjoying this marvelous sunny afternoon and I think to myself…. what should I do with all that kale I grew? Well I do love pesto and there wont be any basil for while so…. Kale Pesto was the answer!
- 2 cups of chopped fresh kale
- 70g roasted pine nuts
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2/3 cups of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmasan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put pine nuts in a frying pan and lightly dry roast them until golden.
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until all mixed.
- Scoop into a jar and cover with a little olive oil and store in fridge or freeze in smaller jars for future meals.
Enjoy it is super delish!